Powered By Blogger

BAD SHOPS

If you have any details of BAD SHOPS, POOR SERVICE, RUDE STAFF, please send as much of the details (location etc) and a photo if possible to me Bill De Dashe

Sunday 27 December 2009

Sainsburys: The bigger they are....

Well after 4 months of running this blog I have a gripe that I can be arsed to post.

I purchased a pair of trousers under the Sainsburys own brand "TU" the day before Christmas eve. They were brown velvet and the collar on the hanger said 38" R. At £20 they seemed good value for money.

Perfect thought I, and like the sad git I am, I wrapped them up to bolster the dwindling presents quota that one gets with age.

Friday morning. Christmas day. I opened my handful of gifts.

The pack of socks and boxers and another pair of slippers off the wife, the dvd from my one son and an Aston Villa tee-shirt from my daughter. My final present was a pair of trousers with a "TU" label and a 38" R tag on the hanger..... and a 44" S label on the plastic tag...

SHIT!!!

Today I searched high and low or the receipt which was nowhere to be found. In fact it was probably in a black bin liner soaked in sprout juice and M&S turkey gravy...

So I stood patiently at the customer service desk. Three tills but only one staff member on surely their biggest 'returns' days o the year, and after a wait of nearly 30 minutes, I got my turn.

"I purchased these trousers on Wednesday and they don't seem to have been marked correctly."

"Do you have your receipt?"

"No"

"Well in that case we cannot offer you a refund only an exchange of a gift card"

Unaware of the sale of goods act (i.e. If goods are not fit for purpose, due to damage, fault or incorrect marking, then a full refund is required by law) I accepted that offer.

Worse was to follow, as the trousers scanned at £10 (in the sale which started today), and she started to do the refund.

"They cost me £20 not £10"

"Well since you don't have your receipt, we can only give you the scan price"

"If I took a £20 bottle of scotch and only gave the tiller £10, you'd have me carted off as a thief"

"Company policy, you don't have your receipt"

I then went to the clothing section to try to find a similar pair with the correct size, for an exchange. I asked an assistant who told me that there were no trousers in my size. Furthermore, she said there were no men's trousers added to the sale from their stock, but the computer prices were changed centrally.

Armed with this information, I returned to customer services only to find the brick wall was still intact and the staff no more cooperative. If anything, they were even more in-cooperative.

I decided to give the trousers away rather than lose a tenner, but how dare they try to STEAL £10 off me, after all the money I spend there weekly!

This is not the end of this, Sainsburys!


No comments:

Post a Comment